- What is the difference between a physical and digital gift card?
Physical gift cards are plastic gift cards which can be purchased at leading retailers or online. Gift cards purchased online are posted to you or the recipient and there is the option to add a premium gift wallet.
Digital gift cards can be purchased online and delivered electronically via email to you or the recipient. Digital gift cards can be printed at home or shown on a smartphone at time of use.
- Are there any restrictions on when I can use my physical or digital gift card?
There are no restrictions on when you can use your gift card; they are accepted anytime 7 days a week whilst dining in.
- Do I need to activate my digital or physcial gift card?
Physical and Digital gift cards do not need to be activated. Digital gift cards will arrive in your inbox ready for use after payment has been processed.
- Do physical & digital gift cards expire?
Yes, both physical and digital gift cards have a 3-year expiry from 1st April 2018. The expiry date can be calculated 3 years from the date of issue, which can be found on the card or you can check the expiry date online by visiting check card balance. Once expired, your card is void and cannot be used. If purchased before 31 March 2018, your gift card will expire 12 months from the date of purchase If purchased on or after 31 March 2018, your gift card will expire 36 months from the date of purchase
- How do I buy a physical or digital gift card?
- How much does it cost?
Gift cards can be purchased for $50 and $100 denominations from leading retailers or purchased online for $50, $100, $150 and $200 denominations. Postage and handling of physical gift cards are $9.95 for registered post and $19.95 for courier. Delivery of digital gift cards is free.
- What will be sent to my recipient?
If you have purchased a physical gift card, your recipient will receive the gift card. You may have also made their gift extra special by adding a premium gift wallet for FREE.
If you have purchased a digital gift card, the recipient will receive an email addressed to them with a personalised message and link to their Good Food digital gift card.
- Are my details safe?
Yes, a SSL certificate secures goodfoodgiftcard.com.au and Braintree Payment Gateway processes all transactions.
- What kind of payment methods do you accept?
At Good Food Gift Card, we accept Mastercard, Visa, American Express and Diners. All payments are protected by SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) and Secure Data Encryption. All credit card payments are processed in real-time for your security and immediate peace of mind.
- How long does it take for a physical or digital gift card to be delivered?
Physical gift cards are dispatched within 48 hours after payment is processed. For registered post please allow an additional 2-4 business days; for courier please allow an additional 1-3 business days. Please note: In peak periods such as Christmas, due to intense activity at Australia Post and/or other delivery partners, additional delivery time may be required
Digital gift cards are dispatched instantly after purchase. Some email servers can experience delays so please allow to 48 hours for the digital gift card to appear in your inbox.
- Why do I have to pay for a replacement/lost/stolen card?
The replacement of a lost or stolen card is at the discretion of the card distributor (Edge).
A fee is charged to cover the cost of the Gift Card replacement & administration required to replace the gift card.
- What happens if I changed my mind or have made a duplicate order?
Please ensure to double check your order prior to submitting it. Exchanges or refunds will not be issued for change of mind or duplication of an order. For more information please refer to the full terms and conditions for further information.
- The FAQs didn't answer my question, what's my next step?
- What can I use my physical or digital gift card for?
You can use your gift card for food and beverages at any participating restaurant whilst dining in.
- Where can I use my physical or digital gift card?
You can use your gift card at any of our participating restaurants Australia wide.
We are adding new and exciting restaurants every day, which can be found here.
- Can I check the balance of my physical or digital gift card?
- If there's money left on my physical or digital gift card can I get the balance in cash?
Unfortunately, gift cards are not redeemable for cash
- What if my card is lost, stolen or damaged?
You should treat an activated card as if it were cash. If the card is lost or stolen, please phone 1300 834 577 immediately, so the card can be disabled if purchased online.
We will not reimburse you for any transactions conducted by an unauthorised person prior to you informing us of the card’s loss. You will be protected from any subsequent loss if you satisfy certain conditions including supplying your receipt as proof of purchase.
- Can I top up the value on a physical or digital gift card?
Good Food Gift Cards are not reloadable.
- Can I use my gift card in conjunction with other promotional offers?
Good Food Gift Cards cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotional offer unless otherwise advised by the individual restaurant. Please check with individual restaurant prior to your visit.
- How do I use my physical or digital gift card?
Present card at your chosen participating restaurant at the time of payment and the amount will be deducted from your bill. If you have spent more than the face value of your gift card, you will need to pay the remaining amount by other payment methods. If you have spent less than the face value of your gift card, the amount will remain on the card for next time you choose to use it.
- What if I am experiencing issues with a gift card purchased second hand or from an uncertified third party seller?
Our gift cards are available for purchase from specific retailers - the list of certified sellers can be found here. We cannot guarantee the validity of any gift card you purchase from any other retailer - including any auction website or discount website who is not listed as one of our certified sellers. Any gift card not purchased from a certified seller may be fake or counterfeit or associated with fraudulent activity. Good Food Gift Card will not be liable to you or any other person for any loss arising from any purchase of our gift cards from a retailer who is not listed as a certified seller.
- How long is my promotional card valid for?
If you received a physical gift card through a promotional please refer to correspondence provided to you with your Promotional Gift Card.
- What happens if I have not used all the funds when the Good Food Gift Card expires?
Once the gift card has expired, the remaining value will no longer be available. We encourage you to use your gift card before it expires.
Please note the expiry period:
Gift cards ordered PRIOR to the 1st of April 2018 have a 12-month expiry.
Gift Cards ordered on or After the 1st of April 2018 expire after 36 months.
To check your balance and gift card expiry click here https://goodfoodgiftcard.com.au/CardBal
- Can I use my gift card at all restaurants listed in the Good Food Guide books?
Good Food Gift Cards are accepted at participating restaurants which can be viewed here.
These do not necessarily include all restaurants featured in the Good Food Guides and also include additional restaurants.
- What if my physical or digital gift card does not work at the restaurant?
Your gift card may not work for the following reasons:
Your physical gift card has not been activated and/or allowed the necessary time for it to become active (midday the following business day). You can activate your gift card here.
The balance you have nominated is not available. You can check your card balance here.
Your gift card has expired. Gift cards have a 3-year expiry from 1st April 2018, which can be calculated 3 years from the date of issue that can be found on the card and/or when you check your card balance. If purchased before 31 March 2018, your gift card will expire 12 months from the date of purchase.
The restaurant you have tried to use your gift card at is not a participating restaurant of the Good Food Gift Card program. You can view our participating restaurants here.
- When I purchased my gift card a particular restaurant was a participating venue online, they are no longer listed on your website. Can I still use my gift card at that restaurant?
Only participating restaurant partners are able to accept your Gift Card. If it does not appear on the website as participating you will need to select another restaurant that is participating to be able to redeem.
- How can I join the Good Food Gift Card program?
We are always looking for new restaurants to join our program. Please fill out this form and someone from our Partnerships team will be in touch soon.
- I’m an existing partner and need to update my restaurant information, how can I do this?
To update information, simply get in touch with our Partnerships team by emailing email@example.com
- The EFTPOS terminals in my restaurant have been updated, how do I make sure they can still accept gift cards?
To ensure your EFTPOS terminals can accept gift cards, you need to use your terminal activation pack to reactivate your terminals. If you don’t have a terminal activation pack, please get in touch with the Partnerships team by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- I’d like to see my transaction history, is this possible?Yes, you can login to the partner administration portal by clicking here.
What can we help you with?
1300 834 577
Monday - Friday (9am - 6pm AEST)